If you or someone you know plans to attend college this year after graduating from high school, you’ll be happy to know that AllCom Credit Union is offering eligible members a chance to win a $1,500 scholarship to help cover the expanding costs associated with your college education.
The Credit Union College Scholarship Program, supported by Massachusetts Credit Unions and our statewide campaign, Better Values – Better Banking, is funding six (6) $1,500 scholarships that will be awarded to six (6) high school graduates chosen as winners from across the state.
2021 College Scholarship Application
Application deadline: April 9, 2021
1. Eligibility is limited to high school seniors who will be enrolled in an undergraduate college degree program during the 2021-2022 academic year.
2. Applicant or parent/guardian must be a member of the sponsoring credit union.
3. The credit union must be a member in good standing with the Cooperative Credit Union Association.
4. Each applicant must complete a current scholarship application form and submit it with the other required material to the sponsoring credit union.
5. Each credit union will select its top 3 applications and forward them to their chapter president. They must be accompanied by a cover letter from the sponsoring credit union CEO verifying that each applicant and/or parent/guardian is a credit union member.
Each chapter will select its scholarship winner evaluating each applicant on the same criteria the credit unions will be using grades, essay and extracurricular/community activities.
Students must submit the following items with their completed applications. All items requested must be received in order for the application to qualify for consideration.
1. Completed printed application.
2. An academic transcript of grades.
3. A typewritten essay of at least 250 words describing what you career you wish to pursue when you complete your education and why.
4. A detailed list of extracurricular/community activities and/or volunteer activities.
If you have any questions, please call Erin Harvey, Branch Manager at 508.754.9980.